Dipl.-Ing.(FH) T. Kleinselbeck
Dipl.-Ing.(FH) R. Lieckfeldt
B.Eng. R. Weiß
Purpose of the measurements and tests of the system behaviour (basis test) of wind turbines is the verification of parameter and characteristics, which the construction of the WT was based on.
Basis here is the IEC WT01 “System for conformity testing and certification of wind turbines – Rules and procedures”, which is specified by the following national certification guidelines:
- Richtlinie für die Zertifizierung von Windkraftanlagen der Germanischen Lloyd,
- DIEC 61400-1:2005 Wind turbines-Part 1: Design requirements (DIN EN 61400-1:2005 / VDE 0127-1 Windenergieanlagen – Teil 1: Auslegungsanforderungen)
The following components/ systems behaviour respectively characteristics/ parameter are analysed within the scope of a basic test:
- Function test of the WT (Start, Stop etc.)
- Function test of the protective system
- Test of the safety chain
- Test of the brake system
- Test of the automatic operation
- Test of the switching operations
- Measurement of the natural frequency of the component and
- Measurements about the effectiveness of the wind direction adjustment system
The tests of the system behaviour are completed by measurements of the power curve, noise emission, load and the power quality of the WT.
The tests of the system behaviour require the logging of numerous quantities of load (bending and torsion moments), quantities of the system (active power, rotational frequency, blade angle, brake pressure, …) and meteorological quantities (wind speed and direction, air pressure, air temperature, …) similar to a load measurement according to IEC 61400-13 so that it is recommended to carry out the basic test combined with a load measurement.
Within the scope of the tests of the protective device of the WT overspeed tests in the operational and high-wind range are carried out. The adjacent illustration exemplarily shows the time series of the wind speed and of the rotational frequencies (high speed shaft and main shaft) during an over speed test.