Dipl.-Ing. (FH) R. Lieckfeldt
B.Eng. R. Weiß
The insurance companies demand a condition-oriented inspection from the operator of the WT. Aim of the inspection is to:
- determine the technical condition of the WT at the moment,
- recognize and name initial damages,
- avoid consequential damages by early diagnosis.
The inspection periods for the condition-oriented inspection focus on the system capacity and are fixed as follows:
- WT smaller than 300 kW: every 4 years
- WT from 300 kW to smaller than 1500 kW: every 2 years
- WT from 1500 kW: every year
Main constituent of the condition-oriented inspection is the vibration diagnosis of the drive train. WIND-consult carries out this measurement in regular intervals with a mobile measuring system. By using this inspection method the operator of the WT does not have to install a fixed condition monitoring system (CMS) in his WT. Besides the vibration diagnosis an oil condition diagnosis as well as the condition monitoring of the rotor blades are carried out. As a result of the condition-oriented inspection the operator gets an inspection report including a summary of the results for presenting it to the insurance company.