Dipl.-Geoök. S. Müller
Dipl.-Ing. L. Krüger
Dipl.-Phys. T. Twardzik
Dipl.-Phys. K. Hiepko
The determination of wind potential and energy yield of wind turbines (WT) is the basis for planning, project development and financing of wind energy projects.
The wind and its energy content are subject to strong temporal and local fluctuations. Therefore it is of fundamental importance to determine dependable statements about the wind energy potential and energy yield at every site of a wind turbine.
The determination of wind potential and energy yield of WT at a site is carried out by an analysis of the wind data, statistical methods and modeling. WIND-consult considers the specifications of state-of-the-art national and international standards and guidelines e.g.
- the Technischen Richtlinie für Windenergieanlagen, Teil 6: Bestimmung von Windpotenzial und Energieerträgen (FGW-Guideline) in the actual revision
- the MEASNET guideline ‚evaluation of site specific wind conditions‘.
For the determination of wind potential and energy yield of wind turbines WIND-consult uses the validated and accepted model WASP. Optionally the CFD software meteodyn WT can be used. Essential input data of both models are the orographic structure, the site roughness, obstacles and regional long-term wind data.
A plausibilisation of the calculation results is carried out by means of the analysis of existing WT and/or wind measurements in the region.
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES
- Inspection of the site, its surroundings and the sites of the existing WT
- Determination of the wind field parameter for different heights at a site in a wind farm
- Expected energy yield of WT at hub height
- Wind farm efficiency and energy yield of a wind farm
- Estimation of losses (e.g. because of animal protection, temporal reduced modes and shutdowns, sector management, electrical losses, availabilities etc.)
- Uncertainty of the predicted energy yield
- Probabilities of exceedance of the predicted energy yield
- Comparison of the calculation results with energy yields of existing wind turbines and/or wind measurements